My Blog List

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

EME2040 Blog #2

My experience using MS Word as a student wasn’t used much before coming to FSU. When I was in high school, if we needed to write an essay, we would use pen and paper rather than typing it using MS Word. Using MS Word here at FSU was something very new to me but something that I learned to like once I got more comfortable using it. I prefer to use word processing software rather than Google Docs because that’s what I was taught to use first so it’s easier for me to use. 

The ISTE Standards for Educators that is most meaningful to me is the 2.1 Learner: "educators continually improve their practice by learning from and with others and exploring proven and promising practices that leverage technology to improve student learning. Educators.” I think it’s important for teachers to improve their learning style into learning styles that will engage students to learn better. 

I don’t disagree or agree I think it depends on the kid. It isn't as easy as saying people are not digital natives or are. It depends on how a child grew up, whether that means you had technology or not. In every generation, some people didn’t grow up with technology while most did not. To be digital natives means young kids who grew up in the digital age. I don’t really see a difference between my professors and I. I don’t necessarily see myself as a digital native. I sometimes find that my professors are more experienced in using technology than me. When I become a teacher, I anticipate that my students will be very technology involved. It will be better for me to interact with them through technology for them to have a better learning experience





                                "Kids love technology!" by Steven Parker is licensed under CC BY 2.0.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

          There wasn't much about being a distance learner during COVID-19 that I enjoyed. I did get to stay at home and work from the c...